Skilled Aircraft Mechanical Fitter
My client is a multinational defence firm in the Aerospace sector who seek an Aircraft Mechanical Fitter to join their RAF Brize Norton air base on a long term contract. The successful candidate will be required to work in both their Base and Line operations, as per the company's requirements.
Key Activities :
- Deputising for the Bay supervisor in his/her absence.
- Ensuring the storage conditions of Role Equipment and components are maintained such that they meet technical and Regulatory requirements.
- Acceptance of returning unserviceable equipment, performance both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and the Release to Service of repaired items.
- Manage any working party activities that may require to be performed in the Workshop by the equipment OEM's or their representatives.
- Supporting on-going improvement and expansion initiatives including work towards the occupation of a new, larger facility.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Services Integrator regarding all tooling, equipment and infrastructure issues, particularly ensuring all deficiencies and unserviceable items are promptly reported and replaced.
- Mentoring new staff.
Key Requirements :
- The candidate needs to have completed a UKCAA/EASA/NVQ/City & Guilds recognised engineering apprenticeship and have a minimum of 5 years' experience.
- The candidate must be able to attain full UK security clearance.
- The candidate must have experience working in a UK MoD facility.
- Work experience on any military role aircraft is strongly preferred but not a requirement
- £ 17 - 17 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 5 Sep 2017
Closes 3 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic
Recommended, similar jobs
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Swissport International Ltd