South Molton, Devon, England
The Foundry Operative is accountable for preparing castings for the heat treatment process and final blast of components prior to release into stock.
* Knock out of moulds to remove shell post to the casting operation
* Water blasting of moulds to remove as much shell as practical and allow the band saw operations to commence
* Cutting off castings using a semi-automatic band saw
* Trimming up of casting gates using a manual band saw
* Removal of residual shell material after the band saw operations have been completed
* Linishing casting gates flush after the band saw operations are completed
* Rework of castings to remove surplus shell and metal materials
* Dry blasting of components to give a uniformed matt finish
* Removal of hot moulds to support the casting process
* Pack and identify castings to be sent for sub contract processes
* Follow strict health and safety guidelines and aptitude for identifying hazards.
* Work closely and safely with team members to ensure good team ethics and co-operation.
* Assist the team members in any other activity to complete daily tasks.
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work shifts preferred
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in differing conditions and assist in the other areas when needed
* Understand written instructions and comply with company processes and procedures
* Able to work as a team player
Qualifications / Experience required:
* Manufacturing background or foundry background
* Ideally candidate will have proven experience in working with said equipment utilized in the finishing area
* Proven experience of maintaining safe working practices in difficult environmental conditions
* Ability to prepare and complete operations in accordance with job card routines and set procedures
* Ability to interpret information on the routing cards to specified standards required to achieve these processes
* Ability to identify defects
* Have proven track record of working on intricate parts within a team
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 16000 - 20000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 31 Aug 2017
Closes 30 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Fabricator