West Sussex, England
Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 28 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
Client: My Client is an MRO facility based in Sussex providing spares support for both military and civil aircrafts.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly and forward-thinking organisation that offers ongoing training and development.
Core Duties / Responsibilities
* Overhaul / repair of a wide range of products from brackets through to complete undercarriage
* Goods-In Inspection - this can range from bought out product to full dimensional inspection
* Final inspection
* Maintenance / upkeep of all workshop equipment
* Management of the workshop consumables
* Must have worked in aerospace engineering
* Strong technical knowledge of aerospace systems and manufacturing
* Technical knowledge on hydraulic systems and has worked in an overhaul shop environment
* Experience of strip and rebuild or refurbishment of aerospace mechanical/electro-mechanical components/assemblies, utilising mechanical drawings/aircraft publications
* Inspection ability for machined product
* The ability to think creatively and be innovative, particularly when dealing with obsolescence issues
* Meticulous attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
* Communication and team working skills when dealing with colleagues
* The ability to work to deadlines with self-motivation
* The ability to cope with new demands and new problems to be solved
* Contribute towards continual improvement
* Willing to work outside core hours in order to complete tasks
* Ability to communicate with a range of different people, both verbal and written
* A good understanding of Microsoft programs such as Excel, Work & Outlook
The successful candidate will have one of the following:
* Recognised qualification in Aerospace Engineering
* Apprenticeship within Aerospace Engineering
* 38 hours a week
* 30 days including bank holidays - increase for every year of service of up to 8 additional days
* Salary Negotiable depending on experience
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!
- £ 24000 - 30000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 30 Aug 2017
Closes 27 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic
Recommended, similar jobs
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Swissport International Ltd