CNC Miller/Setter Operator
Hinckley, Leicestershire, England
My client is a member of the Nasmyth Group of companies that deliver uniquely integrated precision engineering solutions and they produce section ringed and prismatic components in titanium, nimonic, stellite and ultra-lightweight aluminium.
Working closely in partnership with customers they're also able to provide complete end-to-end solution from formulating designs and sourcing materials through to manufacture, assembly and testing.
They have been serving the Aero Engine / Aerospace Markets for over 50 years now and are now solely owned by the Nasmyth Group of companies who continue to invest heavily in support of its strong organic growth.
Job Role: CNC Miller / Setter Operator
You will be producing machined parts by programme editing, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; whilst maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records, maintaining equipment and supplies. You will also be reporting to a team leader on a daily basis.
* Plan machining by works orders, engineering plans, checking materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
* CNC roles by entering programs from direct link and following instructions, including setting z- zero length positions and reference points of fixtures and components ; setting tool lengths on tool setter, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic maths, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
* Sets-up machine tools, using holders, attachments, collets, indicating vices fixtures using MDI of offsets;
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
* Maintains specifications by observing cutting tools, and special tooling taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following company instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions;
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Manufacturing ring machined components from 200mm - 1.8m diameter.
* You will need to have a clear understanding of engineering.
* You would have previous worked with exotic materials such as nimonics (super alloy), steel, and Inconel.
* 5 years + of Aerospace experience ideally or can be from a similar sector.
* 5 axis experience on Fanuc and Mazatrol.
* Previously worked within a tolerance of 15 microns.
Hours of work:
* You will start off with Day shifts of 07.15am - 17.00pm, but this will then go onto a rotating shift pattern of 06.00am - 15.45pm and then 15.45pm - 01.30am on a 4 day week.
If you are interested in the role I would advise you get in contact with me ASAP.
If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 13.00 - 13.00 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 30 Aug 2017
Closes 29 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Tooling