Manufacturing Team Manager
Fareham, Hampshire, England
The position is responsible for overseeing and leading all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable product to meet customer expectations within a defined production area. The leader monitors and manages hourly and salaried resources in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load. The position drives continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
The role reports to Manufacturing Operations Manager and manages a team of 35 people.
* Champion a culture change through the framework of High Performance Work Team
* Drive continuous improvement and application activities
* Champion implementation of Lean activities to eliminate waste opportunities of key processes
* Achieve key metrics including Productive Utilization, On-Time Delivery, First Pass Yield and others
* Effective management of plant assets through leadership of maintenance and facilities resources
* Champion implementation of ESH to achieve improvement in year over year safety performance measures
* Train and develop team members as well as providing oversight and coaching to other team members
* Provide the vision and strategy
* Lead by example - be a positive role model
* Actively engage and recognize employees
* Enable success of employees (providing resources and removing barriers)
* Empower employees - drive decision making down through organization
* Bachelor's degree or equivalen
* Experience in Manufacturing/Operations in low volume manufacturing in a machine shop/metal finishing environment.)
* Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 5S, Value Stream
* Mapping, Standard work, Visual Management, process focused.
* Strong leadership, coaching and influence management skills (large shop floor teams)
* Ability to balance multiple priorities
* Problem solving skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 45000 - 55000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 29 Aug 2017
Closes 28 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Tooling