Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of service and attention.
Role: Production Planner
Planners work with procurement and manufacturing operations, executing planning activities in line with defined lean inventory, production and procurement strategies for materials, managing capacity planning and scheduling for production and / or purchased materials.
Ideal candidates Profile:
* Bachelor degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field / or equivalent experience
* Solid knowledge of Supply Chain activities, MRP, Planning, Procurement, Production and Manufacturing.
* Practical knowledge / understanding of Lean Supply Chain concepts and application
* Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
* Strong knowledge / experience of MRP
* APICS certification (or regional equivalent) preferred
* Planning and scheduling of material in accordance with the needs of the MPS.
* Conduct finite capacity planning and scheduling of internal manufacturing operations in accordance with the needs of the MPS, producing & releases internal work orders schedules & monitor performance to plan
* Develops production schedule for internal manufacturing operations for a series of production workcenters to achieve the requirements of the master production schedule.
* Optimises capacity, with minimal inventory and to ensure delivery to our customers on time.
* Strategically sets and manages all planning elements associated with all manufactured parts, and coordinates any outside processing associated with their parts.
* Ability to read and understand drawings, and what is subsequently required to make the parts they are being planned.
* Strategically sets and manages all planning elements associated with purchased parts. Provides direction to purchasing on quantity & timing requirements of materials
* Plans and manage raw material inventory.
* Work with Engineering to identify alternative parts to support production requirements and drive cost & inventory reductions
* Monitoring shrinkage, yield, BOM accuracy, scrap factors to support cross functional continuous improvement projects.
* Construct & maintain a planning bill of material & routing strategy
* Planning and sequencing material inflows in such a way as to maintain inventory at planned levels and applying SOF principles to ensure that inventories are sized and balanced at the optimum levels throughout the supply chain
* Inventory: responsible for effectively executing functional supply and demand material plans, ensuring right part, right place, right time with minimal inventory.
* Conducts inactive, obsolete, and surplus analysis on all parts and drives root cause, corrective action and disposition strategy.
* Excellent understanding of the companies SOF and other quality improvement tools.
* Critical thinker-can challenge assumptions.
* Good motivator, can inspire people.
* Can connect issues and topics across functions.
* Support development of functional capability and contribute to a performance culture
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Apply
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency
- £ 32000 - 32000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 24 Aug 2017
Closes 21 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Planning engineer