GSE Fitter (HGV/Heavy Plant Mechanic)
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
This role offers a salary of £12.61 per hour. Standby/Callout and overtime will be available. Please note that all applicants must have a maximum of 6 points or less on their driving licence.
To service and maintain, keeping in good order all Ground Service Equipment at this Swissport station. To keep Swissport Ramp and other Swissport service agency's with safe and reliable equipment that meets all local and governing laws.
- Operate and drive all types of equipment - motorized and non motorized
- Perform and show competence in preventive maintenance per established schedules on all ground support equipment
- Respond to requests for on-call maintenance after hours on all ground support equipment if GSE Manager deems necessary
- Provide trouble-shooting and diagnostic assessment of ground support equipment as required
- Modify and overhaul power plant, drive-train, brake, electric and hydraulic systems
- Prepare and paint ground support equipment to Swissport standards as required
- Remove malfunctioning ground support equipment from service and ensure GSE is not returned to service until malfunction has been properly diagnosed and repaired
- Respond to emergency service calls as well as accidents involving ground support equipment
- Pick-up parts and material required for ground support equipment maintenance and repair
- Own and demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment, etc. required for equipment maintenance and repair
- Complete all maintenance/repair documentation consistent with carrier, station, airport authority, municipal, state, federal and SP requirements
- Comply with all federal, provincial, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Will retain a motor vehicle driver's license for both air side / non airside in good standing at all times
- Follow all safety guidelines set out by WCB, EPA, WHIMIS, and SP management
- Keep GSE shop and its equipment clean and serviceable at all times, report any and all deficiencies to management
- Fuel equipment as necessary with full regard for all safety and environmental requirements.
- Will liaise with Ramp management, customers and staff in a professional manner when needed
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- At least 5 years experience in HGV / Heavy Plant / Construction equipment
- Good colour vision including the ability to pass an airside driving medical
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industr
- Full time
Posted 14 Aug 2017
Closes 11 Jan 2018
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic
Recommended, similar jobs
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Swissport International Ltd