Intern (m/f) for the Director Sales & Handling u2013 USA Southwest
Lufthansa Cargo AG, the market leader in the international airfreight industry, is looking for a self-motivated and qualified intern (m/f) who commits himself/herself and uses own initiative to support the Director of Sales & Handling in Houston, TX.
The selected applicant (m/f) will support the Director of Sales & Handling and Handling Manager as well as the Sales and Handling staff with process management for the Houston Region in special projects by applying theoretical knowledge into practical solutions. Additionally, the intern (m/f) will support the staff in improving quality figures, in the monitoring of reports to develop improvement in the processes, along with other various day to day activities.
You will be involved in a close-knit team and will be expected to conduct yourself in a professional and mature manner.
In our rapidly changing line of business, flexibility is a must. Job duties may change between now and the start of the internship. However, the following tasks should raise your interest before applying:
- Support the Director of Sales & Handling along with the Sales and Handling Teams in day to day activities and special projects
- Assist in the development of existing projects and reports
- Making decisions and exposure to real-life experience in a business environment
- Monitoring and improving Key Performance Indicators
- Preparing and taking part in weekly meetings
- Assist in planning and participate in marketing events and industry fairs
- Gather and evaluate statistical data to improve gaps within the processes
- Being part of a Regional Team and becoming an active player within the team
- Preparing data for different topics and be active in the roll out of new processes
- At the date of the internship you have completed the 2nd semester in business administration
- Enrolled during the whole period of the internship (please attach the current certificate of enrollment) or internship between Bachelor and Master studies (Gap-Year), more information about Gap-Year you can find here:
- Very good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- Strong analytical skills, affinity to figures and experience with statistical analysis
- Ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- Team player and very good social skills
- Ability to familiarize yourself quickly with new topics
- Very good skills applying and using IT systems and tools, especially MS Excel, VBA, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook
- Former experience in logistics and/or airline industry a plus
Important before applying:
- a place of residence in Germany
- a German bank account
- a German tax ID number or a tax certificate
- Certificate of membership issued by a health insurance authority (Krankenkassenmitgliedsbescheinigung) and social insurance number (Sozialversicherungs-Nummer)
About Lufthansa Cargo AG
Lufthansa Cargo AG is part of the Lufthansa Aviation Group's business area Logistics. With 4,600 employees and many international partners, Lufthansa Cargo is one of the worldwide leading companies in international air cargo business.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0049V956
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 9 Aug 2017
Closes 6 Jan 2018
This job was posted to: Airline sales