Intern (m/f) Commercial Management (Controlling) / Project Support
Lufthansa Cargo NY is seeking a motivated individual (m/f) to perform a 6-month Internship at its JFK, New York office location.
The Internship will comprise of hands-on experience with Commercial Management, Controlling, and Project management topics. Learn about Lufthansa Cargo's Operational Processes, Cost/Revenue Management, LEAN, Task & Project Management. This position will report to the Lufthansa Cargo Regional Commercial Manager (US Northeast and Canada, covering 8 airports).
Tasks and topics include, but not limited to:
- Cost Management: evaluation of cost drivers, proposal for optimizations, cost unit balancing
- Revenue Management: assessment of revenue drivers, revenue tracking, earning opportunities
- Accounting: Accruals, adhoc/recurring reporting, budgeting, business cases, adhoc costing
- Project Management: Participate directly in a 6+ month Accounting process transformation project
- Process Management: Support cost-effective processes by evaluating and altering workflows
- At the date of your internship you have completed the 2nd semester of your study program
- Enrolled during the whole period of the internship (please attach the current certificate of enrollment) or internship between Bachelor and Master studies (Gap-Year), more information about Gap-Year you can find here:
- Willingness to learn and work on a team member level; strong continuous improvement commitment
- Ability to proactively and thoroughly evaluate processes and drivers, make suggestions, and execute changes
- Capacity to reliably self-manage time and prioritize tasks; ability to self-motivate and be coached & evaluated
- Educational background in the field of Business and/or Project and/or Process and/or LEAN Management
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel/MS PowerPoint/Cognos applications (minimum intermediate level)
- Previous direct involvement in Project Management/LEAN/Process Management is a plus
About Lufthansa Cargo AG
Lufthansa Cargo AG is part of the Lufthansa Aviation Group's business area Logistics. With 4,600 employees and many international partners, Lufthansa Cargo is one of the worldwide leading companies in international air cargo business.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0049V957
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 9 Aug 2017
Closes 6 Jan 2018
This job was posted to: Product support