Sales Manager Travel Trade (m/f)
The Sales Manager Travel Trade will be responsible for the further development of the Travel Agency volumes in the Netherlands and the operational support that is needed for this type of business to Travel Agents and other specific (pre-defined) Travel Solution Partners. Further details will be specified and mutually agreed in the annual Performance Agreement.
- Account management for a pre-defined list of prospective customers and partners in the Netherlands for the Segment TMC & Travel Trade (sign new contracts, up sell new products, identifying new opportunities, relationship management)
- Responsible for the coordination of the operational partnerships of a defined group of Dutch TMC and Travel Trade customers (training, information sharing, identification of technical support)
- New Business sales of products and services in the segment TMC & Travel Trade
- Implementation of pre-defined partnerships for the Segment TMC & Travel Trade for the Dutch Market
- Role has a direct interface with all strategic partners and prospects
- Works directly with customers for the testing and implementation of new solutions
- Representation of the company at all meetings/webinars/presentations and industry events in the Netherlands
For this challenging role you have to hold an academic qualification at graduate or post graduate level. A background in the travel industry is desirable. Furthermore, we expect a minimum of 3 years professional experience in Sales.
- A proven track record in new business sales within a target driven environment
- Direct B2B sales and/or marketing experience, preferably selling Business Travel Management products
- Sales driven personality with an entrepreneurial drive to succeed in a highly results driven environment
- Goal-oriented, assertive, driven, self-motivated
- Persuasive and influential by nature, a highly effective negotiator able to 'think on their feet'
- Ability to communicate effectively, meet deadlines, achieve results and close deals
- Ability to identify and develop new and creative channels for revenue generation & obtaining new business
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work and handle pressure
- Excellent organizational, customer service and time management skills
- Team player with a strong work ethic that takes ownership of their job
- A high level of commercial and business acumen, with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships in business on a mutually satisfying basis
- Ability to present information in a concise and logical manner and to persuade and influence the decision of others to accept a specific opinion or action or to provide information
- Analytical skills required, project management skills a plus
- Flexibility to travel extensively
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Fluent in Dutch and English is required
This is an home based position with flexible working hours. As there will be domestic travels a Dutch driving license is required.
About Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH
AirPlus is a leading provider of corporate travel payment solutions for over 43,000 corporate customers worldwide. As the market leader in Germany with 25 years of experience, AirPlus is well known for innovations and expertise in the Business Travel Payment and Analysis area. With about 1,200 employees globally, AirPlus is a competent and reliable partner in matters relating to Business Travel Management. In order to maintain this high standard, the skills of our employees and the development of their potential, are especially important to us.
- Full time
Posted 9 Aug 2017
Closes 6 Jan 2018
This job was posted to: Airline sales