Boeing 777/787 TRI and TRE
United Arab Emirates
Who is a Pilot Instructor?
A pilot instructor at Etihad Airways is responsible for the training and development of Etihad line pilots .
Flight Crew Instructors and Examiners
• Training personnel have the responsibility to develop the potential and skills of Company pilots.
• Training personnel are expected to uphold standards and provide a positive role model to all other personnel.
• Training personnel are in the best position to monitor the quality of training and its applicability to normal line operations.
• Training personnel should take responsibility for making and suggesting training system and course improvements.
• Training personnel have a personal responsibility for ensuring that the records they are required to submit are both accurate and complete.
Type Rating Instructor (TRI)
The privileges of the holder of a TRI rating are to:
• Conduct Simulator, Flight and Line Training as required by Etihad Airways,
• Conduct airfield and airport familiarization,
• Participating in the pilot recruitment process,
• Conduct Progress Reviews in the simulator and on the line,
• Recommend Line Captains for appointment as Training Captains
Type Rating Examiner (TRE)
Include the privileges of a TRI, plus:
• Conduct skill tests for the issue of type ratings for multi-pilot aeroplanes
• Conduct proficiency checks for revalidation or renewal of multi-pilot type and instrument ratings
• Conduct skill tests for ATPL (A) issue, and
• Examine on behalf of the GCAA
• Qualify TRI on behalf of the GCAA
• TREs are responsible for the conduct of pilot checks and validations required to Comply with the GCAA and Etihad requirements
• Specifically, TREs conduct Pilot Proficiency checks for the purposes of skill tests associated with the initial type rating or issue of the ATPL, recurrent proficiency checks, cross checks, evaluation checks and line checks.
• TREs report to the relevant Manager of Pilot Training
· Effective Communication - Excellent
· Integrity - Excellent
· Leadership skills - Proficient
· Situation Awareness - Proficient
· Workload Management - Proficient
Etihad Airways is the national airline of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). We commenced flying in 2003 and have since gone on to become the fastest growing airline in the history of commercial aviation.
Today, our fleet of 102 aircraft fly to 109 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. When codeshare destinations are included, we offer a virtual network of more than 420 destinations. In Applyand 2013 we were voted the World's Leading Airline by industry experts at the World Travel Awards.
We employ more than 20,000 employees from 142 nationalities, over 125 countries around the world. We're also committed to pioneering opportunities for the UAE's national population through our Emiratisation Programme. To make sure we stay at the top, we need the world's leading talent.
To find out more about the career opportunities at Etihad Airways, visit Apply .
* Posting of Etihad Airways or its partners employees’ personal details is not allowed.
* Don’t publish any personal details like email addresses, phone numbers, booking and flight details, and Etihad Guest Account numbers - you can email them at Apply.
* Content should adhere to the political, religious, and cultural values of UAE.
* This isn't the place to sell your products and services or promote events and activities.
* Any post that is found to be offensive, disrespectful, off-topic, or considered SPAM, will be removed.
* Negative feedback/criticism is always welcomed but repeated discussions on the same topic will be removed
- Full time
- Boeing 787
- JAA/EASA CPL/ ATPL(F)
Posted 3 Aug 2017
Closes 31 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Flight training