Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Take your career to a new height by joining us as an In-flight Chef working on board in our First Class cabin. As an award winning airline, we recruit the best chefs who have proven experience and a desire to achieve and exceed guest satisfaction. This is your chance to do what you do best whilst flying all over the world.
Working in First Class, you will have the opportunity to oversee and manage all kitchen operations while ensuring that our guests receive impeccable service and quality while they dine. If you are interested in a chef's role with a difference, read on and apply now to join our team.
You must exceed our guests' expectations onboard and deliver great service 100% of the time, whilst offering a unique taste of United Arab Emirates hospitality: cultured, considerate, warm and generous.
- You will oversee and be accountable for the catering loading and food quality in First Class.
- As requested, you may also need to participate in duties at the catering centre, in Etihad lounges and at corporate, PR and VIP functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
To become one of our award winning In-flight Chefs you will need to meet the following criteria and qualifications:
- Qualified Chef, experience in 4/5 star hotels, fine dining establishments or cruise liners.
- Extensive knowledge of food safety regulations and standards.
- Minimum age 21 years.
- Fluent in English; verbal, written and comprehension. Fluency in another language is an advantage.
- Must be confident in water and be able to swim with the aid of a flotation device.
- Able to reach 210cms without shoes.
- Willing to serve alcohol, including during the holy month of Ramadan.
- No tattoos that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted).
- No body piercings that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform, other than one earring in the lower lobe of each ear for females only (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted).
- Never convicted of a criminal offence.
- Excellent personal presentation, style and image.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Communication skills - Advanced
- Customer Orientation - Advanced
- English Language skills - Excellent
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2015 carried 17.4 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways currently serves 117 existing or announced passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and America. The airline has a fleet of 123 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, and more than 200 aircraft on firm order, including 60 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777-X, 62 Airbus A350s and 2 Airbus A380s.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits.
For more information, please visit: Apply
- Full time
- Boeing 787
Posted 3 Aug 2017
Closes 31 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Airline catering