Business Development Manager
Oxford airport, Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Airways Aviation is driven by a commitment to make aviation accessible to anyone who shares the joy of flying. Airways’ philosophy is to train future commercial pilots and develop industry leaders by providing access to world-class training facilities, a state-of-the-art fleet and the world’s leading aviation instructors and educators. Airways equips future generations of pilots with the skills, knowledge and qualifications they need to succeed in their chosen aviation careers. Pilot Training Academies located in the UK, Australia, Spain and Montenegro, provide centralised locations for advanced flight and theory training that prepares students to fly for international commercial airlines.
The Business Development Manager is a senior figure in the Airways Aviation structure who has a key focus securing partnerships with airlines in Europe. The role consists of general business development activities including the expansion of the business through identifying new and related business opportunities, licensing opportunities and airline partnerships.
The incumbent is expected to be a key contributor to the strategic direction of airways in the region and for the achievement of agreed goals. He/she liaises directly with the senior management team, providing regular reporting on territory performance and interacts with functional heads to seek their support and input as required.
1. Proven career track within Aviation and Education industries, in a leadership or management position
2. Demonstrated excellence in initiating and fostering productive business relationships
3. Highly adaptable
4. Availability for local and international travel
5. Must have right to work and travel in the nominated countries within Europe
6. Demonstrate ability to successfully lead and close contracting negotiations
7. Recognised Diploma, Bachelor Degree or MBA equivalent highly valued
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Airways Aviation offers outstanding long- term career opportunities within Australia, the UK and Spain, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
- Full time
Posted 17 Jul 2017
Closes 17 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Airline marketing, Airline sales