Head of Planning UK & IRE
Please note that the location for this role will be discussed at the interview stage and will be dependent upon the location of the Regional Headquarters.
Head of Planning is a key member of the regional headquarters management team responsible for leading the implementation, development and continuous improvement of the planning function and the planning team; acting as the planning expert and application manager for the Swissport Planning Tools including technical training and station roll out.
- Establish base line staffing standards and station adjustments based on unique variable(s) in conjunction with contractual requirements, volumes, and/or facilities.
- Operational support to improve efficiency, quality & safety levels of Swissport stations on request.
- Establish base line ground service equipment (GSE) allocation standards and station adjustments based on unique variable(s) in conjunction with contractual requirements, volumes, and/or facilities.
- Establish station staffing levels to meet contractual, safety and quality requirements.
- Execute roll out strategy for existing applications, define and own roll out strategy for new applications within project scope, aligning with IT, Training, Operations and all other parties.
- Conduct technical training for station planners and implementation support of GS applications in new locations.
- Optimize the scheduling of personnel, based on established standards to identify the number of personnel required and corresponding man-hour approval levels.
- Assist in the development and approval levels of personnel / equipment requirement(s) for the budget process, forecasts and seasonal schedule changes.
- Review of same requirements post contract loss to identify exit requirements.
- Translate strategic budgeting into tactical and operational scheduling and rostering.
- Training of station staff as required in the optimal usage of current planning, forecast and scheduling tools.
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of KPI reporting system(s) relating to performance and productivity indices.
- Align with global planning strategies and assure regional compliance.
- Act as the planning Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing advice and guidance up, across and down the regional chain of command.
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance and advice to planning teams to ensure full alignment, unity of purpose and help them resolve critical planning issues.
- Take ownership and development of regional and station planning teams ensuring compliance through a regular audit programme.
- Lead the development of lean processes that will eliminate waste and maximize efficiencies.
- Drive an ethos of continuous improvement through identifying, communicating and instilling best practice consistently across the region.
- Assist in station start up, audits, training, new business, due diligence, etc., as required.
- Maintain system integrity and administration of the Inform Suite (PC, RC and Real time).
- Act as "super users" for the Inform Suite and provide field assistance as required.
- Higher education, relevant university degree is an advantage
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Inform GS Suite is a strong advantage
- Experience in the aviation industry, preferably manpower planning and rostering
- Strong leadership skills to effectively lead and develop a team
- Experience in developing requirements documents, formulating plans and managing roll-outs effectively.
- Experience of working in a performance management culture driven by KPIs.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in multiple locations and at various levels.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; clearly able to articulate position with clarity at all levels.
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to constructively challenge the status quo and manage change.
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness.
- Willingness to travel extensively across the region (50%) to personally drive the application of high standards.
- Full time
Qualifications and Competencies
Posted 15 Jul 2017
Closes 12 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Planning engineer