Romford, Greater London, England
Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support and solutions for both new and existing products, equipment and tooling as well as pragmatic project driven solutions to process engineering issues.
With a wide range of responsibilities, you will focus on both day to day troubleshooting and optimization of manufacturing processes, as well as influencing business critical projects from concept to successful completion and transition into manufacturing through New Product Introduction.
Significant portions of the role will include analysing manufacturing data to identify highest priority issues, determining root causes and introducing corrective/preventative measures, as well as driving improvements in KPIs such as yield, productivity, scrap, etc.
* To generate CNC programs using the defined company CAM software and / or directly at the machine tools as required.
* To produce engineering designs and drawings using the defined company CAD software.
* Provide machining time estimates to assist with the quoting process.
* Support of assigned business area (Milling / Turning / Fabrication / Lockplates / Clips & Leads).
* Lead / support problem solving to drive root cause and preventive action.
* Develop processes and methods to meet manufacturing requirements ensuring lowest cost and highest quality.
* Own the configuration of all supporting process elements including production routings, tooling, gauges, test equipment, fixturing and programs.
* Determine materials and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification at lowest cost to the organization.
* Development of transparent cost structures and identification of potential reduction initiatives.
* Responsible to ensure that projects undertaken fall within budget and allocated timescale.
* Support the development of documentation to enhance process control.
* Collaborate with New Product Introduction (NPI) resource to define product lifecycle management activities.
* Ensure that all engineering process and controlled by the quality management system.
* Ongoing research into emerging manufacturing and production technology to compliment current and future business strategies.
Requirements - experience:
* Understanding of and ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications.
* Highly capable in machine tool and cutting tool specification and application.
* Knowledge of precision engineering processes including general machining (milling and turning).
* Track record of delivering improvements based on the principles of lean.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 30000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 14 Jul 2017
Closes 13 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Tooling