B1 Licensed Aircraft Engineer
To carry out all airframe/engine/systems maintenance requirements to meet technical specification, internal quality requirements and the requirements of the regulatory bodies including ISO9001, EASA PART 145 and BCAR A8-23.
* Responsible for all aspects of airframe / engines and mechanical systems engineering, under the supervision and control of the Chief Aircraft Engineer
* Supervision of assigned manpower on licenced aircraft as required, and in support of the work plan agreed with the Chief Aircraft Engineer
* Working closely with the Chief Aircraft Engineer regarding communication of ongoing tasks, highlighting any areas of concern, risk, etc.
* Implementation of all mechanical engineering activities on aircraft, including servicing, modification and fault rectification, as assigned by the Chief Aircraft Engineer
* Responsible for inspection duties associated with EASA Part 145 approvals
* Control of work packs issued and ensure compliance to technical documents, records and electronic data
* Control of all aircraft and equipment movements within the Hangar and apron areas, as assigned by the Chief Aircraft Engineer
* Responsible for delivering the required technical solution to meet schedule and man-hour budgets agreed in the statement of work
* Responsible for assigned mechanical parts manufacture under the company's Part 145 and 21G approvals
* Issuing EASA Form 1's and CRS's (Part 145)
* Completing critical and vital point inspections
* Support to the Head of Aircraft Maintenance in seeking new business opportunities to sustain and grow the hangar business
* Mentor and train new staff and trainee engineers on maintenance techniques and principles within your regulatory permissions
* To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Line Manager
* Aviation engineering background
* Basic Aircraft engineering training or apprenticeship
* Aeronautical engineering certificate or equivalent
* Hold EASA PART 66 AMEL with type ratings applicable to company PART 145 approvals
Knowledge and Experience:
* In depth Knowledge of British and European Airworthiness Requirements (CAA/EASA including part 145 maintenance Organisations, AS/EN 9100 and BCAR A8-23).
* Knowledge of aircraft maintenance procedures and awareness of human factors in relation to aircraft maintenance
* Fundamental knowledge and practical experience of technical libraries and data control
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 45000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
- BAe Jetstream 31 / 32
- EASA Part 66 - B1
Posted 14 Jul 2017
Closes 13 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Licensed aircraft engineer