Swindon, Wiltshire, England
We are seeking skilled Lathe Turners to join our globally recognised aerospace manufacturing division. The positions are immediately available on a day shift and twilight shift. You will be joining an experienced team to produce precision engineered aircraft components.
The desired candidate will be time served to a minimum standard, City and Guilds Level 3 or equivalent. They will be expected to work on various components to fine tolerances and be capable of screw cutting. A knowledge of CNC turning is desired but not essential.
* Machine set up / Programming.
* Reading and understanding of customer drawings.
* Ensuring components meet the required quality standard.
* Production of high volume close tolerance parts.
* Meeting tight deadlines.
* Competent use of DMG MORI with MAPPS control system
Competitive Salary dependant on ability and skill levels.
Twilight Shift 16:00 - 02:30 Mon to Thu - 40 hrs per week (30% shift uplift applies)
Day Shift 07:00 - 16:00 Mon to Fri - 39 hrs per week
* Fully skilled time served engineer/tool maker with Turner experience
* Aerospace experience preferred
* Knowledge of ISO based control systems would be beneficial
* Used to working to fine tolerances
* Able to work under own initiative or as part of a team
* Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach
* Discretion and professionalism at all times
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 13 - 14 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2017
Closes 11 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Hardware engineer, Tooling