Hayes, Greater London, England
RESPONSIBILITIES & TECHNICAL SKILLS
* To work closely with the Aerospace Account and Business Development Manager, the Aerospace Inspector and the Aerospace manufacturing team to improve and maintain
* QUALITY performance in the newly created Wellington Aerospace Cell.
* Ensure AS9100 practices are improved and maintained in the Aerospace Cell as you lead the drive towards AS9100 Accreditation.
* Deputise for Aerospace Inspector when absent, experience of CMM inspection techniques both Manual and CNC required.
* Improve operating procedures by collecting information from everyday shop floor activities by liaising with the operators. With this information recommendations, should be made along with problem-solving techniques to improve processes from a quality point of view.
* Define methods and equipment used to measure key quality characteristics on machined parts.
* Sense check all supporting documents for Aerospace parts before shipments.
* Good understanding of material C of C's, treatments certificates and Sub con.
* To establish/support quality policies and procedures that are followed throughout the Aerospace Cell that contribute to consistent good performance in the Cell. Development of all processes and procedure liaison with Aerospace Account manager.
* Represent the business with customers and regulatory authorities with the objective of inspiring. confidence and enabling positive cooperation in the quality of products and services provided.
* Ensure the identification and control of all non-conforming products.
* Provide support and assistance to manufacturing in development and execution of corrective actions.
* Participate in quality system and/or process audits as needed.
* Monitor production to ensure conforming product is delivered. Ensuring quality in all aspects. from Goods in all the way through to despatch.
* Support Aerospace Inspector with Aerospace Customer FAIR's.
* Support with material booking in process to enable efficient material supply to the jobs.
* Assist in procurement of parts, assembly components and material as required.
* Develop and promote continuous improvement activities.
* Work on supplier development exercises to support growth of work capacity.
* Good understanding of MRP/ERP system to support procurement, Goods in, manufacturing, inspection and despatch.
* Good understanding of AS9102 reporting.
* Quality Assurance post-delivery of components. Ensure CARS/rejects/NCR's effective closeouts, ensure zero escapes.
* Understanding of Customer - supplier portal.
* Handling all QA issues of customers and suppliers, this will also involve visiting customers and suppliers.
* Lead the development of our internal calibration system.
* Approving all Aerospace material.
* You will be located in the new Aerospace Inspection within the Aerospace Cell.
PERSONAL ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Strong team player that is performance orientated.
* Ability to manage time, prioritise work and work alone
* Attention to detail and to manage time, prioritise work
* An excellent communicator, articulate and well presented.
* Ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment.
* Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution
* Ability to multitask and work calmly under pressure.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 30000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2017
Closes 11 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Quality control