Quality Assurance Engineer
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
My client, a global leader in their industry, and based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer with immediate effect.
This is a 12 month contract opportunity, working a 37 hour week.
The successful candidate will lead and assure quality excellence of processes & products for Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test (MAIT). This will be in the area of either Spacecraft or Satellite integration.
They will lead and drive the resolution of complex quality issues and continuous improvement projects by setting the measurement standards and identifying/facilitating improvements to increase process performance and product adherence to standards, reliability of processes, and repeatability of processes. At initial design phase, before any process changes are made and continuously through the life of a product.
Responsibilities will include:
* Define and perform Quality Assurance (QA) activities, by ensuring correct implementation of procedures and processes, to ensure product quality meets the stated requirements
* Lead prevention and quality improvements of MAIT processes
* Manage completion of corrective and preventative actions to closure
* Drive the efficient management of non-conformance and Cost of Non quality reduction
* Write specific instructions to define the inspection processes or checks.
* Deliver quality briefs with the area manager in the shop floor to raise awareness to operators on lessons learned and good practice.
* Manage all NCRs
* Proactively promote and conduct risk analyses
* Provide reports as required by project management, including quality KPIs
Ideal candidate profile:
* Degree or equivalent in an Engineering related discipline or HND with proven experience in a similar role.
* A recognised engineering apprenticeship and/or equivalent academic qualification with at least 3 years Production, Quality or Engineering experience within the Aerospace or Military industry,
* Good understanding of Quality Assurance Role or product assurance role,
* Good understanding of manufacturing processes,
* Analytical skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigation,
* Teamwork and leadership attributes with excellent written and oral communication and persuasion skills,
* The ability to communicate at all levels and across nationalities.
Essential requirements are:
* Facilitation skills,
* Understand and embrace quality improvement initiatives,
* Reporting skills,
* User and promoter of quality tools and methods,
* Organised, practical and logical in work approach,
* Flexibility to travel within the UK and Europe when required
* Willingness to work on shift, on-call or off-site for short periods when required.
* Knowledge of Space Quality standards,
* Lean, continuous improvement qualifications, Green or Black belt would be desirable
* Preferably accredited course in quality assurance or related disciplines. (e.g. IQA / IET / IMechE)
* The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV immediately to: Apply
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow ApplyineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
- £ 25 - 25 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 10 Jul 2017
Closes 7 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Quality control