Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England
Job Role/ Purpose
We are looking for high caliber individuals with experience and strong understanding of Reliability Availability Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) engineering within the aerospace or similar industry to support the design solutions for, but not limited to, our new class of high performance propulsion system.
The candidate will be responsible for the RAMS analyses on the propulsion system. The ideal candidate would have a track record of delivery of high performance designs, be effective working in a multidisciplinary team, and would be confident presenting and justifying their solutions and recommendations to peers, seniors, and external partners.
This role will sit in our Systems Engineering department and be allocated to projects across the business, supporting designs and providing technical solutions to all engines and their experimental programmes. Additionally, the department supports our Future projects team, working alongside our Business Development function engineers moving rapidly through a concept, analysis, design and test cycle.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering team leader your role will include:
* Providing RAMS analysis solutions in support of programmes and technologies
* Working closely with in-house engineering teams (mechanical design, performance & aerodynamics, materials & structures, advanced manufacturing and production) to deliver detailed RAMS analysis
* Assist in identifying solutions to the technical novel and complex problems and deriving RAMS requirements for the designs
* Prepare, present and report technical work to peers, seniors, external suppliers and customers
* Applicants will have a PhD or an MEng / MSc in an aerospace or similar engineering discipline and an appropriate level of industrial experience
* A relevant BEng/BSc plus equivalent industrial experience will be considered
Knowledge and Experience
* In depth knowledge of RAMS engineering process, methods and tools
* Ability to work effectively with technology teams to achieve creative solutions
* Experience in aerospace RAMS programmes
Desirable (some subset of):
* Knowledge and experience of aero-engines or rocket engines desirable but not essential
* Developed knowledge and experience of RAMS software tools
* Exposure to a manufacturing, prototyping or development environment would be preferred
* Experience with using RBD, Reliability Growth Models
* Knowledge of Requirements systems desirable (DOORS®)
* Experience working with sub-contractors, partners and customers
Skills and Behaviours
* Positive and flexible attitude to get the job done
* Strong can-do approach to work
* Able to work equally well unsupervised or as part of a team
* Able to work across multi-disciplined functions
* Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
* Must be able to communicate at all levels of the business and with suppliers and customers
* Be capable of contributing to the development of our in-house analysis and design toolboxes
* Must be adaptable to new projects and design directions
* Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines core values:
We recommend that you attach a cover letter detailing skills and experience relevant to this job role with your CV.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 45000 - 55000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 10 Jul 2017
Closes 9 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Project manager