2365031 Assembly Production Operator
Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
Assembly Test Operator
Assembly Test Operator
£19.00 PH ltd
Are you an assembly test operator looking for exciting new opportunities in Portsmouth, Hampshire?
If so we have a full-time, 6-month contract role available with a world leader in the design and manufacture of satellite systems that may be of interest to you.
* Test of electronic, analogue, digital and RF sub-systems up to 10 GHz. Including amplifiers, frequency up/down converters, complex RF and digital signal processing.
* Optimisation of RF circuits by stub tuning using parallel gap and thermal compression bonding techniques
* Quality control of test results and documentation; Initial fault diagnosis and rising of non-conformance reports.
* Competent in the use of all types of propriety analogue and RF test equipment including vector and pulse network analysers
* Flexible approach to working methods and patterns. Overtime and shift working will be required including nightshifts and weekends.
* Pro-active role in maintaining a safe working environment and a clear commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
* Willingness to accept change and actively support continuous improvement, Wiling to develop skills as required in support of production (assembly, test, inspection and support) and implements these flexibly.
* Minimum Requirement: HNC or equivalent qualification in electronic discipline plus at least 1 to 2 years relevant experience.
* Desirable Requirement: HND in Electronics/physics and/or 5 years relevant experience.
Reporting directly to the Team leader:
* Achieve the production plan by certifying conformance of equipment by quality control production electrical testing in accordance with defined test procedures and company quality requirements.
* Support business and departmental improvement initiatives
* Support new product introduction and development
* Maintain accurate quality control test results and test event logs.
* Provide first line fault analysis and raise mandatory non conformance reports for non compliant or anomalous tests
* Support introduction of new test methods
* Understand use and limitations of relevant test equipment
* Support and contribute to the introduction of production improvement and efficiency initiatives
* Have an awareness of business and departmental cost and schedule requirements
* Adhere to company and departmental Health and Safety and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) processes and procedures
* Conform to company and departmental policies and procedures
* Escalate occurrences that prevent achievement of the production plan, including quality, cost and schedule impacts
* Report anomalous or out of limits results.
* Attend training as directed by team leader in conjunction with training coordinator
* Agree planned periods of holiday and absence
* Escalate deviations from work instructions, routings and any other production impacts to the production support team in the absences of the team leader
* Represent team leader and department at impact reviews and meetings as directed
* Attend training and development courses as directed by team leader and training coordinator
About Airbus Defence and Space
Airbus Defence and Space is a world leader in the design and manufacture of satellite systems. Their activities cover complete civil and military telecommunications, Earth observation systems and science and navigation programmes together with avionics and a wide range of space equipment and associated ground infrastructure.
This is a contract position for 6 months, working full-time 37 hours per week in Portsmouth.
If you are interested in the role and match the required skills and qualifications, apply today.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- Full time
Posted 7 Jul 2017
Closes 6 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Testing