Customer Service Agent
Greater Manchester, England
Customer Service Agent Manchester Airport - £7.89 per hour
Minimum 20 hr contract usual working hours 30 - 40 per week
Here at Swissport we are looking for the best of the best.
So why not start your journey here with us at Manchester Airport.
We are the world's largest ground handling company and we are looking for fresh, new and talented individuals to start an exciting career in aviation on our Customer service team.
We checked in over 7 million passengers last year along with 3.1 million bags at Manchester Airport.
Our Customer Service agents provide help and support to a range of different customers from a range of different backgrounds. At Swissport no two days will ever be the same for you.
We work with some of the best known airlines at Manchester Airport so we require a people who can provide the friendliest and warmest welcome to our customers.
Your journey will start with full two week training along with other successful candidates.
Full uniform will be provided and you will also have access to subsidised onsite parking.
The following responsibilities are associated with this role:
- Assist passengers/customers with self-service check-in kiosks
- Inspect and verify passenger documentation
- Issue boarding passes and reschedule passengers affected by flight interruptions or cancellations
- Manage passenger baggage processing including handling and fee calculation if applicable
- Assist passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special requirements such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
- Direct passengers through Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine as required
- Make public address announcements as required
- Assist colleagues in other areas of the airport to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and gate checked bags (cleared through security) are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Operate computers and specialist equipment such as air-bridge, scanners and airline specific software
- Produce work-related documentation when required
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Competencies
- In possession of at least three GCSE's / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able and willing to type and learn airline specific computer systems
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather if required
- Passionate about customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
- Full time
Posted 6 Jul 2017
Closes 3 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Airline customer service