Process, Methods and Tools Engineer
Tring, Hertfordshire, England
A large and established Aerospace client of ours are looking for a Process Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This Process Engineer would be responsible for the measuring, reporting and improvement of targets and processes.
The purpose of the job is to plan and co-ordinate the collection and reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Engineering team and interface with the Finance and Programs departments to plan and co-ordinate the compilation of the Engineering budget and cost reporting. Also, the job includes the planning and facilitation of process improvements across the various Engineering teams.
* Plan and co-ordinate the collection of KPI information on a weekly / monthly basis with input from all the Engineering COE's and COS
* Plan and co-ordinate the collection of budget information input from all the Engineering COE's and COS, to enable the budget holders to manage their financial responsibilities, and also give information back to finance for site reporting. Identify opportunities where there are issues with the information and work proactively with the CoE's to improve the Engineering budget.
* Propose and implement new metrics and improvements to existing KPI's - what to measure and how to measure it.
* Support the improvement of Engineering processes using Lean Sigma tools and techniques, and facilitate teams to make those improvements.
* KPI Data is available to the Engineering Leadership Team to enable correct management decisions to be made with reference to:
o Problem Reports
o Corrective Actions
* Data and presentations are prepared and available from appropriate reviews, ie Engineering Actuals, Site Reviews, Process Reviews
* Support and facilitate the implementation of Process Improvements in the Engineering teams
* Correct validated budget information is available for Engineering Leadership review and onward communication to the Finance function - responsibility for the delivery of the correct budget information to Finance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 28000 - 37000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 4 Jul 2017
Closes 3 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Hardware engineer, Tooling