Wimborne, Dorset, England
As a Materials Engineer you will be a consultant and a focal point for materials selection, processing, handling and disposal across our business. You will develop plans for current and developing legislation, including REACH, ensuring product compliance for our programs and our customers.
As a Materials Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Engineering, materials or science degree.
* Experience of product development in an engineering design organisation.
* Broad understanding of engineering materials selection and processing.
* Understanding of current and developing legislation.
As a Materials Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
* Act as focal point for materials selection, processing, handling & disposal.
* Develop plans for compliance with current and developing legislation, including REACH, RoHs.
* Ensure that products comply with all applicable technical, regulatory and legal requirements.
* Provide advice on material and process selection, with regard to performance, Health & Safety, COSHH, environmental impact and obsolescence.
* Identify actions required to follow best practice as defined in such guidelines as British Standards.
* Ensure efficient and robust flow down of requirements to design, manufacturing & procurement teams.
* Prepare all related documentation such as REACH dossier applications.
* Maintain effective technical communication and coordination with all stakeholders.
* Liaise with customers and suppliers to ensure compliance through the supply chain.
* Establishment of REACH strategy.
* Development of a compliance reporting system.
* Development of a materials inventory.
* Identification of tools and training required to ensure efficient materials usage and regulatory compliance.
* Development of a materials obsolescence plan.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 35000 - 45000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 4 Jul 2017
Closes 3 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Testing