Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
Position: Process Engineer
Location: Shrewsbury - PERM
Ideally the candidate will be an established engineer who has extensive experience in the areas of machining and fabrication of Aerospace components. They will be capable of managing and closing out projects that involve all aspects of manufacture from quote through to sales. They will be self-driven, change orientated, have a flexible attitude towards their own working practices, and have a "can do" mentality.
* Introduction of new work into production.
* To support the operational team on a daily basis by providing effective solutions to manufacturing problems.
* The resolution of quality problems and the elimination of non-conformance.
* Making contributions towards continuous improvement.
* Project management.
* Interface with Doncasters customers.
* Capable to problem solve
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
* Will be fully conversant with a broad range of conventional metal removal and/or forming and joining
techniques in aerospace materials.
* These skills should be complimented by recent experience of 3 & 5-axis CNC manufacture using Heidenhain and Fanuc control systems and the ability to program CNC machines off-line, preferably using Delcam Software. Particular strengths in milling.
* Solid modelling CAD experience using Autodesk Inventor software would be a distinct advantage.
* The successful candidate will be able to read and communicate the information presented on complex engineering drawings.
* Have a sound grasp of jig and fixture design.
* Be able to interact with both customers and suppliers while representing Doncasters in a professional manner.
* The candidate will also be computer literate.
The successful candidate will either have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship and be qualified to a minimum of HNC in manufacturing or production engineering, or be degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 35000 - 38000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 30 Jun 2017
Closes 30 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Hardware engineer