Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
A well established Aerospace client of ours is seeking a Production Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This Production Engineer will primarily be responsible for supporting the manufacture of Aerospace components.
Position: Production Engineer
* Work on new product design for production release. the manufacturing process engineer works with the marketing and product design teams to formulate a manufacturing process for the new product
* Work with equipment designers and manufacturing personnel to develop a cost-effective and working production process of any new or existing product
* Introduce set detailed specifications and implement production plans
* Conduct tests on systems for efficiency and accuracy till a quality and cost-effective production process is implemented successfully (DMAIC)
* Ensure that throughout the manufacturing process, the financial budgets are not exceeded
* Design new processes, improve the present manufacturing or production processes to boost productivity, quality, and profitability for a company (CI / Six Sigma)
* Research and purchase new manufacturing technology, work in collaboration with the engineering department to "better production equipment functionality"
* Implement the transition of new technology to make sure production continues successfully without any hassles
* Gather statistical data and use this to drive shop floor improvements
* Be competent to use and report out, RCA Tools to understand the problem and fix any repeatable concerns
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
* Must have good analytical skills and should be detail-oriented
* Must be able to work in a team and follow deadlines
* Must have good leadership skills and communication skills
* Aerospace Experience would be an advantage
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 30000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 29 Jun 2017
Closes 29 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Hardware engineer