CNC Setter- Operator
Cwmbran, Torfaen (Tor-faen), Wales
Exciting Contract and Permanent CNC positions!!!
Our South Easterly based aviation client, who is a market leader in manufacturing composite interior parts for aircraft are currently looking to expand their composite workforce, and have openings for CNC Operators on a PERMANENT basis.
Role Purpose: To run the CNC routing machine. To rout a wide range of components to drawing specification using CNC machines, drill, tap and insert to drawing specification and to meet procedural guidelines and health and safety.
Key Authorities and Responsibilities:
* To produce components in minimal possible time and to drawing requirements.
* To achieve maximum usage of machine capabilities leaving a finished component requiring minimal manual finishing.
* Prepare and maintain CNC machines to required specification and procedural guidelines.
* Set-up panels to correct specification using layout sheet.
* Tool setting.
* Rout composite components to required quality standards.
* Rout polycarbonate vac forms to required quality standards.
* Machine cnc holding fixtures.
* Machine, drill and tap aluminium panels to required standards.
* Operate CNC equipment to procedure and health and safety guidelines.
* Drill & tap to drawing specification.
* Willingness to participate in improvement activity across the business.
* Must embrace change and be willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business.
* To be flexible in a team oriented environment.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* CNC machine experience
* Engineering background
* Must conversant with engineering drawings.
* Milling & Routing machine experience
Prime Working Relationships:
* Department colleagues.
* Department supervisor.
* Operations Manager.
* Engineering (when necessary)
* CNC engineers
* Must posses a positive can do attitude.
* Must have the ability to work without supervision in a multi functional team.
* Must be prepared to undertake all reasonable requests as determined by the business needs.
* Must implement and maintain a safe environment for employees and immediately raise Health & Safety concerns to management in compliance with the company Health & Safety procedure.
* Must be prepared to participate in business improvement initiatives when scheduled.
* Expected to ensure the working department is clean and presentable at all times.
About Aeropeople: Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff. With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
- Full time
Posted 27 Jun 2017
Closes 27 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Tooling