Field Service Engineer (Electrical bias)
Multi Skilled Field Service Engineer
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the Support Maintenance Manager, the incumbent will provide field service Customer Support conducting fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance of in-service equipment.
* Undertake scheduled and ad hoc electrical maintenance and inspections, fault investigations and diagnostics of products together with equipment faults at various locations worldwide.
* Carry out electrical Inspection and testing, manufacture, assembly and build of Land Systems specialist projects using engineering drawings and associated design data to BS7671 standards.
* Implement repairs & modifications to electrical, electromechanical and mechanical systems.
* Generate and submit accurate inspection reports, in agreed formats and timescales.
* Work primarily as an electrical function, but with the ability to carry out mechanical inspections and rectifications for MLS supported systems.
* Work in accordance with MADG Health & Safety management systems and policies, and undertake risk assessments pertaining to MLS systems at customer sites.
* Understand Customer requirements, context & constraints. Project a positive image of MLS and promote its capabilities.
* Travel extensively within the UK to perform the Customer Support function. Also be prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice to Europe, occasionally worldwide and potentially to operational areas.
Competencies required to fulfil the role:
* Ability to carry out mechanical inspections, repairs and modifications on shelter systems.
* Competence in electrical systems associated with military shelter systems highly desirable.
* Able to generate and complete relevant documentation including EICR certifications and mechanical survey reports.
* Able to comprehend engineering drawings and associated design data.
* Ability to work alone at User locations or as part as a team within the production environment with the ability to interact effectively within both groups.
* Desirably able to set up & operate field generators.
* Knowledge of field UPS & ACU systems desirable.
* Willingness to deploy to operational areas if necessary (CONDO) desirable.
Qualifications and experience:
* Must hold a recognised electrical qualification and City & Guilds 2391or 2394 & 2395 or international equivalent or MoD equivalent.
* Must hold a City & Guilds 2382 Bs 7671 IET Wiring Regulations 17th Edition.
* Knowledge of 3 phase electrical installations
* Experience in undertaking electrical work on military shelter systems highly desirable.
* HNC (or equivalent experience) in an appropriate Engineering discipline desirable.
* Five years minimum relevant experience plus a willingness to be trained.
* Computer literate with MS office tools.
* It must be able to obtain SC clearance.
* Ability to deploy overseas for short periods and at short notice.
Marshall ADG are the UK's largest independent aerospace and defence company, delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services.
Currently employing over 2000 people we are widely regarded as an 'employer of choice' and offer an exceptional all round employment opportunity and package to include a wide range of benefits.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
Posted 26 Jun 2017
Closes 26 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer