B1 Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Helston, Cornwall, England
The maintenance and repair of aircraft equipment as directed. The control of resources and workshops as allocated. The supervision of engineers as necessary to enable the above purpose to be met. Deputising for Senior Licensed Aircraft Engineer.
* Liaise with those departments necessary to complete the tasks allocated to him/her
* Carry out his/her tasks to the best of his/her ability, supervise and certify any work within the terms of his Company authorisation in technical logs or on Company worksheets/work cards.
* Ensure compliance with published Company Procedures.
* Complete worksheets/work cards as soon as the tasks is completed and write any additional defects found on to additional worksheets/work cards and hand the completed worksheets to his/her supervisor.
* Notify his/her supervisor of any serious defects immediately they are found.
* See that all test equipment used in his work is currently calibrated.
* To be particularly responsible for the maintenance of aircraft allocated to his/her control by his/her SLAE OR Chief Engineer.
* The ground movements of aircraft assigned to him/her by his/her SLAE or Chief Engineer
* Requisitioning engineers in conjunction with his/her SLAE or Chief Engineer of other disciplines to an aircraft as required and to co-ordinate them into the activity.
* Assuming overall responsibility for all trades engaged in work on an aircraft he/her has been allocated.
* Defining, co-ordinating and being present at all occasions requiring hydraulic system and/or engine ground run functional testing of aircraft systems that fall within their trade boundaries.
* Assuming direct control of documentation of aircraft under his/her control in order that he/she may assure themselves that all required entries are promptly and correctly recorded.
* Assisting his/her SLAE or Chief Engineer in monitoring the performance of staff under his/her control including, attendance, timekeeping, sickness etc.
* Ensure his/her areas of supervision are kept clean and tidy at all times. Carry out monthly workplace inspection and report findings.
* Highlight any tooling requirements to the Team Leader and if required assist with preparation of business case to facilitate procurement.
* Ensure that cleanliness and tidiness of facility, equipment, tooling and employee facilities is maintained within the working areas.
* Ensuring all test and ground support equipment is in a serviceable/calibrated condition and fit to carry out its function before use.
* When appropriate propose changes within the workplace and also be supportive of any introduced changes.
* Support the Continued Improvement & Aerotrac implementation initiatives.
* To attend technical, SHE or QA related training courses and recommend any training needs required to improve the business.
* Ensuring all tool control is carried out in accordance with CAvS procedures.
* To report any hazard or potential hazard within the workplace using the current company reporting systems.
* To align with our SPIRIT values and comply with all Company policies, practices and procedures and seek guidance when you have doubt.
* Other tasks considered to be within his/her sphere of influence.
* Hawker Beechcraft King Air B300/B200
* Previous experience in both line and base maintenance
* Experience on pressurised twin engine turbo-prop aircraft above 5700KG
* Proven and recent supervisory experience leading teams and a proven record of delivery in a production environment.
* Good leadership and motivational qualities.
* Commercial background - working to tight deadlines and budgetary requirements.
* EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence Categories B1/B2
* Approved apprenticeship or equivalent.
* Computer literate.
* EASA Part 66 Licence with category C
* No licence restrictions
* EASA Part 66 category B1/B2 extension (some restrictions acceptable)
* Self starter who looks for lateral solutions.
* Needs to understand and deliver customer service, whilst representing the company interests.
* Needs to be able to enjoy working within a small team.
* An ability to work safely under pressure to meet tight dead lines.
* An ambition to cross trade and extend licence to cover category B1/B2 and A certification privileges.
* A willingness to work flexible hours when required.
- £ 30000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Hawker 200
Posted 23 Jun 2017
Closes 23 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Licensed aircraft engineer