Reigate, Surrey, England
Applus Aerospace Ltd are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager on a full time, permanent basis at our site in Reigate, this is a rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the world's leading innovative, consistent and reliable leading-edge technologies and services in non-destructive testing (NDT), inspection and certification to the capital-intensive -and high-risk- energy and power industries.
The Operations Manager will play a vital role in all aspects of Performance in the delivery of the Company's commercial and business objectives reporting directly to the UK General Manager of Applus Aerospace
With enthusiasm, passion and creativity the operations manager will be an inspirational leader who takes pride in driving a team forward to deliver exceptional operational standards, the base manager will be judged on performance in terms of the financial results as well as client and business development, it is therefore essential that the individual has a strong grasp of finance and is sufficiently diplomatic to be able to work in an environment where the numbers and other services are provided by the immediate parent company.
Using your previous experience in operations management and working in a fast paced environment you'll get a thrill from everyday being different and unpredictable.
The Operations Manager will be used to working with a flexible approach and stand out from the crowd they will positively challenge the status quo and will always look for new ways to add value and bring the vision to life.
The responsibilities of the Operations Manager will include but are not be limited to the following:
* Organise priorities and day to day activities of the test house
* P&L responsibility for a busy Aerospace and general inspection test house
* Responsibility for test lab footprint planning and ensuring future capacity in line with programme plans
* Ensure quality certifications for NADCAP, and other prime client certifications are maintained
* Generate quotations from client supplied information.
* Provide regular financial reports, and show a good understanding of them
* Responsible for the management of radioactive activities both X & gamma rays
* Responsible for both test house and site NDT operations
* Maintain client relationships, and also generate new business
* Undertake staff reviews
* Responsibility for risk reviews, test house H&S, audits, and COSHH.
* Proven leadership capability
* An understanding of NDT processes
* Able to make high level plans and assessments of project status or risks
* Broad technical capability, ability to effectively interface with a wide range of external / internal business disciplines.
* Structured and organised; good planning, reporting and communication skills.
* A concise communicator, able to communicate complex issues with clarity
In return the ideal candidate can expect:
* Excellent working environment
* Company Car Allowance
* Competitive Salary
* Contributory pension scheme,
* Attractive benefits package
* Annual bonus opportunity.
When you join Applus RTD, you are not just starting a new job - you are embarking upon a new and exciting adventure
- Full time
Posted 23 Jun 2017
Closes 23 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Project manager