Intern (m/f) IT and Telecommunications Project Management Support (USA)
Lufthansa German Airlines offers students (m/f) the chance to experience a dynamic working environment during an internship at the North American headquarters in East Meadow, NY.
All interns (m/f) are fully integrated into the team while working on their own projects as well as supporting the daily business. We are looking for motivated and proactive students (m/f) who use their knowledge to support all staff levels from intern to VIPs. The position starts at the beginning of August 2017 for a duration of 6 months. Internships are offered only to students (m/f) who are enrolled at university for the whole duration of the internship and who are in their gap year.
Your daily tasks and projects may include the following:
- Support project managers in planning and scheduling of project tasks
- Serve as interface between Lufthansa Airlines Group companies in the region and the European headquarters
- Assist the IT & Telecommunication department of the Americas in all project matters
- Prepare, place and follow up on IT & Telecommunications orders
- Assist in cost allocation and monthly telecommunications bill preparation
- Serve as the interface between the user and central service departments
- Support users with trouble ticket and resolution process
- Guide and support staff in the set up and daily usage of Microsoft Applications
- Support ad-hoc projects and administrative tasks
- Advanced students in business administration; strategy with strong academic performance
- Enrolled during the whole period of internship (please attach the current certificate of enrollment) or internship between Bachelor and Master (Gap-Year), more information about Gap-Year you can find here:
- Previous experience in project management is desirable
- High degree of independence, reactiveness and reliability in completion of assigned tasks
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, creative and administrative skills
- Fluency in English & German
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and self-organization under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must fulfill all criteria to get J-1 visa for the US
About Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Lufthansa is one of the world`s leading airlines. As an internationally-operating aviation Group Deutsche Lufthansa is active in the following business fields: Passenger Transportation, Logistics, MRO and Catering. More than 540 subsidiaries and holding companies also belong to the Group. The airline offers more than 235 destinations in 78 countries using currently 615 aircraft, around 420 are used for Lufthansa German Airlines and Germanwings. Around 106 million passengers worldwide place their trust in us each year. The dedication, skills and excellent service of more than Apply employees from almost 150 nations everywhere in the world is one of our greatest strengths.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0198V1437
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 20 Jun 2017
Closes 17 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Airline IT