Intern for UAV Technological Product Development (m/f) with focus on drone surveying, mapping and BI
WELCOME to the world of Lufthansa Consulting, the international consultant for airlines, airports and related industries. Lufthansa Consulting delivers customized business solutions to the aviation industry.
During the internship you will be based in our office in Frankfurt am Main. Depending on the project requirements, you might also work on-site in our projects and target markets. Your contribution to the project would be to support and assist the project team members in the assessment of surveying technology for unmanned aerial vehicles and their technical and software related implementation to fit customer requirements.
You will work independently and will be responsible for individual tasks within our project, research and development activities. By doing so, you will act as a fully-fledged team member and will provide crucial support throughout all our tasks and assignments.
The internship will offer you the opportunity to gain an in-depth and comprehensive insight into international project work. You can expect an interesting and multidisciplinary assignment for a leading aviation consultancy.
Lufthansa Aerial Services delivers commercial drone supported aerial inspection procedures, monitoring and surveying in areas which are difficult or dangerous to access. The Lufthansa Aerial Services commercial UAV applications support infrastructure clients and institutions in the sectors wind energy, construction, insurance, mining, railway, powerlines, aviation and agriculture.
We are looking forward to working with you!
- Student with Bachelor degree in Geodesy, Surveying, Geoinformatics, GIS, Geography, BIM or a related science field and enrolled in a Master program / or close to completing a Bachelor degree
- Enrolled during the entire duration of the internship or between the Bachelor and Master (Gap Year)
- Knowledge about GNSS rover or LiDAR photogrammetry or digital mapping or in a similar field is desired
- Experience in Autodesk, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Pix4D, PhotoScan or similar is desired
- Knowledge about Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) or experience in a similar field is a plus
- Keen to learn and implement new technologies
- First work experiences through internships preferably in the relevant areas
- Study and/or work experience abroad is a plus
- Good MS-Office-skills (especially MS PowerPoint and MS Excel), internet research skills
- Very good written and spoken language skills in English and German.
- High level of independence, very good social and cooperative conduct, ability to work in dynamic teams
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new subject areas
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, assertiveness, convincing and service-oriented manner
- Ability to present complex issues accurately in written and spoken communication
- Creativity to develop new and individual solutions
About Lufthansa Consulting GmbH
Lufthansa Consulting is one of the leading management consultancies in the aviation industry. Our clients from the Lufthansa Group and our international clients from airline and airport related industries trust our distinctive specialist expertise combined with profound methodological know-how. Our consultancy services support clients in securing and strengthening their competitive position. 100 staff from 17 nationalities work in interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement solutions with our clients. In 2016, Lufthansa Consulting was ranked among the top consulting firms in Germany, according to the industry survey of the country's renowned business magazine "brand eins".
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0549V009
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 14 Jun 2017
Closes 11 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer