MaltaWe are a world leading MRO service provider. Through our integrated service solutions we make sure our customer airlines have airworthy aircraft ready and available to fly. To and from any destination. Around the clock, around the globe.
The Product Manager Aircraft & Engineering Services is responsible for the commercial bidding and contracting function within the individual assigned projects with moderate complexity in the business field of aircraft and engineering services. The incumbent is responsible for the efficient management and execution of the assigned projects’ internal bidding process. The aim of the role is to generate effective results in terms of market compliant competitive proposals, state-of-the-art contracts and accurate internal financial modeling on the basis of standard templates and/or the customers contract in line with internal governing commercial, legal and financial standards, rules and guidelines.
- Manage and execute internal bids, proposals and/or contracts, including the approval process, control of processing and closing of proposals, with the involvement of any needed external and internal providers, business partners or subcontractors;
- Participate in group commercial, sales and operations meetings along the bid process, ensuring that there is a flow and alignment of information between the relevant functions in order to provide relevant financial, commercial and operational data as required;
- Assess customer requests and proposal requirements, while evaluating key success factors for the bid decision;
- Align with relevant stakeholders to establish robust and realizable internal and external proposals, relevant contract content and documentation during the proposal phase;
- Define a customized service concept (including scope, service levels, performance parameters, terms and conditions and exclusions) in line with the existing product, price and contract standards;
- Develop an offer, contract content and documentation in line with existing standards and templates;
- Provide all the required financial and legal documents for bid and approval decisions in line with internal financial policies and legal governance;
- Act as the front-end sales support during the negotiation process in very close cooperation with the sales and account management;
- Continuously track the assigned project status within the CRM and engage in the proper closing and reporting of any bid until contract signing;
- Handover to the (Key) Account Management and the other stakeholders in a timely manner, ensuring there is clear communication of any commercial and operational issues before service delivery starts in order to ensure a best-in-class performance in terms of quality, time, cost and customer satisfaction;
- Develop and implement value propositions, commercial service packaging and scoping modules for the implementation of the proposal and or contract templates;
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of business plans, budgets and KPI’s related to company performance in line with the given directives and requirements;
- Support the definition and monitoring of internal key measurements for the identification of risks on cost base data, pricing concepts and standards. Support the definition and implementation of improvements;
- Be committed to safety and provide visible participation in SMS, supporting the implementation of a safety policy;
- Any other task commensurate with the role.
Knowledge, skills and experience.
The ideal candidate should:
- Ideally have professional experience in aviation MRO industry, with in-depth knowledge of the aircraft services business field ( such as base and heavy maintenance, engineering and fleet technical management);
- Have experience in product management, proposal and contracting processes ideally within the aircraft services business field;
- Possess excellent business acumen, a sense of business economics, finance and commercial affairs;
- Have had previous experience in a leadership role;
- Possess exceptional customer focus and be results oriented;
- Possess intercultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Have strong communication and presentation skills;
- Be willing to travel frequently.
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aviation industry. Direct applications will be treated with priority.
- Full time
Posted 13 Jun 2017
Closes 10 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Product support