Boeing Full Time Synthetic Flight Instructor
United Arab Emirates
Reporting to the Manager of Pilot Training, the Full-Time Synthetic Flight Instructor will be responsible for conducting pilot simulator and ground training
Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Delivering Initial, Conversion and Recurrent Ground Training for all pilot simulator courses.
- Delivering Initial and Conversion flight training for pilots on Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTDs).
- Acting as Subject Matter Experts for the development and maintenance of Courseware to support all pilot training. This is significant to ensure we maintain relevant and compliant training material.
- Administer company and regulatory ground examinations for Initial, Conversion and Recurrent Ground Training for all pilot courses.
- Evaluating and documenting pilots performance during training. Ensure accurate progress reports are filed on trainee progress.
- In coordination with the Manager Fleet Training, ensure suitable remedial training is administered, and tailored to the individuals needs.
- Conduct and then document the results of the required “Quality Test Flights” on the simulators and flight training devices as described in the relevant Etihad quality processes.
- Develop and maintain the “Differences Lists” between the simulators and the latest fleet modification status.
- Develop and maintain the “Differences Lists” between the Type Rating CBT courseware and the latest fleet modification status.
Qualifications and Education:
Each SFI candidate must satisfy the requirements specified in the GCAA regulations for the issue of an SFI authorization.
- Each SFI candidate must have 3000 hours of total flight time experience, including 1500 hours as a pilot on multi-pilot aircraft
- 3 years previous Instructional experience
- The Full Time SFI Candidate should have delivered instruction on the B787, B747-400, B737-NG or B777, in the last 24 months.
- Relevant experience demonstrating the ability to prepare a lesson plan, interpret and present technical material
- Each SFI candidate must satisfactorily complete a conversion training program for the type aircraft in which he will serve as an SFI.
- Each SFI candidate must be line familiar. This requirement may be fulfilled by completing jump seat observations on two line segments in the applicable aircraft type every 6 months
- Well developed communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate technical and functional skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work unsupervised
Salary and Benefits:
29.400 AED - monthly salary
13.333 AED - monthly housing allowance
20.000 AED - settling in allowance (if you move to UAE from overseas)
3.200 AED - monthly general allowance
SCHOOLING - provided for up to 4 children, primary school is 36.000 AED/year per child, secondary up to graduating is 50.400 AED/year per child
HEALTH INSURANCE - you and your family will be fully covered provided your family will have a residence visa. In this case, you will be the one sponsoring the visa for them. For yourself Etihad will be the sponsor of the residence. Therefore, the health insurance comes automatically as long as you have a residence visa
Further information is stated in the contract.
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2014 carried 14.8 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to or has announced plans to serve 111 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of 117 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, and more than 200 aircraft on firm order, including 71 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777-X, 62 Airbus A350s and 10 Airbus A380s of which we have started receiving.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Aer Lingus, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways, along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits. For more information, please visit: Full time
Posted 2 Mar 2017
Closes 30 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Flight training