B777 Captain Ethiopian Airlines
Addis Ababa, EthiopiaBoeing B777 Captain
Ethiopian Airlines is the leading African airline. It is one of the largest airlines of the Continent. A member of the Star Alliance, the airline is owned by the Ethiopian Government.
The airline based in the city of Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia. According to Wikipedia, it is recognized as one of the most reliable and profitable airlines of the Third World. For the operation year 2013-14, Ethiopian was ranked the most profitable airline in Africa and 18th most profitable airline in the world with a profit of $228 million.
Ethiopian Airlines has made Addis Ababa a major gateway linking Europe to Africa and Asia. As of September 2014, the passenger network comprises 83 international destinations and 20 domestic ones, including 49 cities in Africa (excluding Ethiopia), 13 in Europe and the Americas and 21 in the Middle East and Asia Its cargo network serves 24 destinations, including 15 in Africa, seven in the Middle East and Asia and two in Europe.
Ethiopian serves more destinations in Africa than any other airline. As of April 2013, the carrier's five densest routes were Addis Ababa–Dubai, Addis Ababa–Johannesburg, Addis Ababa–Guangzhou, Addis Ababa–Nairobi and Addis Ababa–Beijing.
The airline operates a very modern fleet of aircraft. Its fleet encompasses nineteen B737 NG (with twenty B737 MAX 8 on order and options on fifteen more)), four B757 and ten B767 (to be phased out in the coming years), eight B777 (two more on order), ten B787 (with three more on order and options on two more) and finally seventeen Dash 8 Q400. It also has fourteen A350 on order.
It also operates a modest cargo fleet counting nine aircraft, a mix of B737 EFIS, B757, B777 and MD-11.
While offering more modest remuneration than the Chinese expat pilot labor market, Ethiopian offers long term employment for pilots above the age 55 age limit of the Chinese labor market. It offers also an opportunity to fly topnotch ultra modern aircraft.
Ethiopian Airlines requires for immediate and upcoming employment twenty Boeing B777 Captains.
Remuneration and Benefit Package
Before tax remuneration is presented to make it easier to compare remuneration levels with before tax home remuneration.
An all in package equivalent to 252,900 US$ before tax per year
Before tax remuneration is based on after tax package (averaged over 3 years) of 164,400 US$ per year at a taxation rate of 35 %. The net of tax package encompasses the following:
A monthly remuneration package, including lodging allowance and bonuses, averaging 13,700 US $ net of taxes as follows:
• 9,000 US $ monthly base remuneration
• 60 US$ per diem for days on duty (estimated at 250 days per year)
• 10,800 US $ yearly loyalty bonus (paid every six months)
• 9,000 US $ yearly loyalty bonus paid at the end of the first three years of service
• 9,000 US $ loyalty bonus paid every year from the fourth year of service onward
• Overtime above 80 hours per month at 112 US$ per hour (overtime per year estimated at 120 hours)
• Paid leave of 14 days per year
• A monthly lodging allowance of 1,250 US $
• ID travel privileges as per Airline rules (Business class on space available basis)
• Expat support services at screening, induction and throughout the period of service
A three year renewable contract is offered.
The Application Process
The application process entails the following steps:
• Initial evaluation based on candidate resume and documents leading to screening invitation
• Screening in Addis Ababa including simulator evaluation and medical examination (AeroPersonnel provides screening guidelines to prepare for the screening)
• Upon acceptance for employment, work visa documentation process including non-criminal activity report, licence validation and background check.
Candidates can apply by emailing their resume and documents to Tony McKenzie at Apply. Please indicate reference B777 Captain Ethiopian Airlines in your cover email. Resumes must indicate PIC time on type and date of last flight on the B777. Date of birth information must also be indicated.
Candidates can also apply directly by e-mailing their resume as a MS Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) attachments at Apply.
To apply online, candidates can also visit AeroPersonnel’s Web Site at Apply. Clicking in sequence on the Job Central, Apply for a Job will lead them to the application portal where after selecting the B777 Captain Ethiopian Airlines job they can upload their resume and fill-in their licensing and experience information.
Scans of the following documents to be emailed to Tony:
• Photo page of passport;
• All pages of license;
• Class 1 medical certificate;
• Last three pages of logbook showing B777 flight time;
• Copy of l
- Full time
- Boeing 777-200 / 300
Posted 28 Feb 2017
Closes 28 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Captain